Online collaborative environment tailored for the school’s needs
AWA has been developed and tested directly in schools, thanks to the contribution of many teachers who have helped to create a simple collaborative environment.
AWA allows a teacher to implement all strategies involving content and file sharing and to roll them out immediately. Other features include:
- Unlimited web space.
- Structured work environment, simple yet scalable
- Intuitive user interface.
- Design-responsive software to adapt to any desktop or mobile device.
- Supports touchscreen functionality.
- Periodic platform updates.
Public and private folders with no storage limits
All AWA users, teachers and students alike, have access to private and public folders "with unlimited storage space" to save and share their work with others when necessary.
Other features include:
- A complete file management system
- A simple organization of files and folders
- Multiple file uploads
- Upload and download of large size files
- Zip/unzip of files and folders
- Use of metadata to improve the archiving and searching processes
Create your content online
AWA allows the creation of online content using a powerful yet simple and intuitive visual editor (similar to the most common text editors), with the ability to add images and media objects.
Full management of accounts, groups and access profiles
The use of AWA requires prior registration of users and their access rights.
The administration interface allows the following:
- The management and control of access privileges
- Easy creation of users and work groups.
- The distribution and propagation of access rights and privileges
Get started in less than 5 minutes
Using AWA does not require any prior technical knowledge nor does it require a lengthy training period. Unlike many other platforms, to fully learn how to use AWA takes less than 5 minutes because AWA simulates online exactly what the teacher already normally does in the classroom.
Online editing of documents
Thanks to the WebDAV technology, AWA allows a user to directly edit documents online by using Microsoft Office or Open Office applications without having to download and re-upload any file.
Bulletin board with notification of alerts via email
AWA includes a module to manage communications between users with notification of any published alert via email. AWA can send up to 1000 communications via email in an hour.
Tests and online Quiz
AWA allows a teacher to create and deliver tests and online examinations with a real-time display of the results of the participants, including subdivisions by groups of users.
Secure video streaming in HD
AWA allows the use of secure HD video streaming, ensuring the optimal viewing of this content on any desktop or mobile device.
- Multi browser: Internet Explorer 6 and above, Opera 9 and above (PC, Mac), Chrome 3+, Mozilla/Firefox 1.5 and above, Safari 3 and above
- Multi device: PCs, MACs, Android, iOS, Win 8
- Google Docs
- Office Web Apps Viewer
- Microsoft SkyDrive
- Educational or Corporate versions
- Supported languages: English, Italian, Spanish, German, French